WordPress is CMS platform. Due to awesome Features maximum Blogger’s select WordPress for their blog. Now almost all Leading web hosting companies provide inbuilt option to install WordPress in their Cpanel. But, I always prefer to Install WordPress manually. But, some host’s still doesn’t provide inbuilt service or cpanel. So, this tutorial will help to install WordPress manually.
- WordPress Setup Files. (Download it from Official Site)
- At least Shared Linux Web hosting with domain linked to it with new Database.
Procedure to Install WordPress Manually
- Download WordPress Setup files from official WordPress site.
- Open Control Panel of the Web hosting. In Cpanel Open MySQL Database Wizard to creat new SQL database for WordPress. Now Create Database, User and its password and note all the credentials correctly (We need it afterwards).
- Give all Database access to your user . You can give access in the next window after creating Database and user. Just mark on All Privileges option. Now, Database is ready for WordPress Install.
- Open File Manager from Cpanel. File Manager is available in File Management tab of all web Hosting Panel. If there is no File Manager in Cpanel then, 3rd party File managers like FileZilla can be used. Upload .zip file of WordPress setup downloaded in first step in the root directory of the Domain. Upload option is available in all File Managers.
- Extract .zip file in hosting with the help of File Manager. Option for extracting .zip files is available in file manager.Note : For Multiple Domain Hosting Root Directory of the domain for secondary domains can’t be public_html. It will be different.
- Almost all file Managers extract files in new folder with similar name of the .zip file. As, WordPress can’t work on folder. Just, browse to this folder and move all files to the domain root directory (Very Important).
- This is the Most important Step in Installation. We are going to attach Database created in Second step to the WordPress Installation We already noted all Database Name, Username and Password in earlier step while creating Database. It’s time to put this information in WordPress Setup to configure it for our Database. All this Configuration is placed in wp-config.php file of WordPress Installation. We doesn’t need to create and develop this file. The Sample of this file is already provided by WordPress team in setup with name wp-config-sample.php. Rename this file to wp-config.php and Open it via Text editor of a File Manager.
- Now, leave everything same just put Database name, Username and Password on their place and save file. Don’t make any type of grammatical mistakes. Check the image provided below for details.Now. All the setting and content related to this WordPress installation will be stored in the Database.
- Now, WordPress Setups is ready to install on Web-hosting. Go to this address : http://domain.com/wp-admin/install.php (Please replace domain.com with you original Domain name) The Given link will show WordPress Installation page similar to the image. Just, Fill all the boxes and click on Install WordPress Button.
- Now, WordPress is installed on Web hosting and WordPress dashboard access will be through login on this link : http://domain.com/wp-admin (Please replace domain.com with you original Domain name)
It’s End for today’s tutorial. This is one of the best procedure to Install WordPress Manually.
There are few steps to take care after Installing WordPress. I will definitely write something about that stuff in upcoming days.
Incase, If you have any problem or errors while installing WordPress Manually or anything related to WordPress, then just comment on this post and we will discuss and write something about it.